Team – you might say this line each and every day. “I am scared to go to the gym alone.” Do not be scared of your local gym. I’m here to tell you, you can do it! Here are 5 pointers to make your gym experience worth ever penny.
1. Don’t get ripped off! Gym prices can be negotiated. Ask around to see what everyone else pays for a gym membership. Here in Cincinnati, the local gyms start out at $79+ a month, but the average person pays around $20/month.
2. Take a look around. The first thing I do when I join a gym is find a treadmill where I can see the entire gym. Locate the machines, free weights, extra cardio equipment, bathrooms, group fitness room, Spinning room, and free space for ab work. Familiarizing yourself with your gym will make you feel more comfortable.
3. What are other people doing? You might also say “those machines look so complicated.” If they look complicated and you’re insecure about trying them, watch someone else and it will make sense. They’re all very user friendly.
4. Don’t worry about the big guys! They will not think you’re overweight or out of shape. They will pick up the dumbbells, concentrate on form in the mirror, and probably won’t break focus.
5. Check out the group fitness schedule. Most gyms offer free group fitness classes with a club membership. Nothing is better than a group fitness classes! You show up to your gym, sign up for the class, and you don’t have to think for an hour. The instructor will do all of the thinking for ya! And you will also get some new ideas for outside of the group fitness classroom.
5a. Jonathon’s Fitness: If you still don’t feel comfortable with the gym, subscribe to Jonathon’s Fitness YouTube Channel so you’re up to date on all of my 10 minute workouts. Or check out my Workout Section for all of your 10 Minute FREE workout videos!
You must be logged in to post a comment.