My First Blog! Below you’ll find a 50 minute playlist for a Cycling/Spinning Class.
Some things to note:
- Introduce Resistance - I cue everyone to find their “Level 4″ or “bottom of the hill” – this helps everyone start on the same level – “Right Turn takes you up the hill and Left Turn takes you to no resistance”
- RPMs - Revolutions per minute. Here’s an easy way to count RPMs – Ask your class to count the right knee, on the up or down stroke. Take a 6 second count of the knees and multiply it by 10. For Example: 6 Second Count, 9 Right Knees X 10 = 90 RPMs – If it’s more “add resistance” and less means “takes some resistance off”
- Standing Climb - Cue “elbows in,” “weight in the pedals,” and “butt over your seat”
- Seated Climb - Cue “complete circles,” and “breathe!
- Cycling/Spinning Playlist